Wednesday, February 11, 2009

GIRL, INTERRUPTED


While I was driving home after watching Girl, Interrupted I couldn't stop thinking about Suzanna. I don't think she belonged in that type of institution for her problem...because she definitely had a problem. The medical treatment field has come a long way over the years and we have advanced to having specialized treatment facilities for all sorts of people, crazy people, super skinny people, depressed people, drug addicted people, and the list goes on. The diversity of the treatments available to people these days is spectacular, they can go to a place geared especially towards their needs. I would guess that they are "healed" a lot faster now than they would have in the days of Girl, Interrupted. At the same time I really think that the girls in the ward, with all of their different problems actually complimented each other and kind of helped each other through their problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment